There is nothing in the B Corp legal framework that prevents a publicly traded company from becoming certified or that prevents a B Corp from going public. In fact, the B Corp legal framework was created to enable companies to go public and maintain their social mission.
Examples of Public B Corps:
- Australian Ethical Investment - Sydney, Australia
- BacTech Environmental Corporation - Toronto, Canada
- Etsy - Brooklyn, New York
- Natura - Brazil New Resource Bank - San Francisco, California
- Snakk Media - Aukland, New Zealand
To learn more about public B Corps, please see link here