We highly suggest using the tools and questions that the B Impact Assessment provides to make improvements to your company. We recognize that it may be difficult for all companies to answer each question. Do your best to answer as many questions as possible to the best of your ability!
If you are looking to improve your score, we have a few systems in place to aid your company in the process:
- Best Practice Guides located within the assessment give insight to what other companies are doing to earn these points and how common the practice is among B Corps.
- B Impact Report will be provided to you once you complete the assessment. This report will give you an indication of how your practices stack up to other businesses at each impact area and question level. We encourage you to share your B Impact Report and your experiences with other business owners. See how Ian Martin Group (from Oakville, Canada) shared their results: Learning from the B Impact Assessment.
- Important: You are allowed to share the score on your webpage but if you are not a Certified B Corp, it must be noted that your score has not been reviewed or verified. Taking the Assessment is not equivalent to achieving B Corp Certification. Therefore, the intellectual property of B Lab, including the Certified B Corp seal, may not be used in this context.
- Improvement Report is a customized report indicates how much each question is worth and where you are currently earning points, thus allowing you determine which improvement you may like to undertake.
- Revisit Questions Report includes a list of questions where you have marked the question to “revisit.”
All Question Report features a list of all questions and answers on the BIA.