B Corp Certification tells the story of your impact in a way that is recognizable and easy for customers, employees, the media, and investors to understand. It differentiates your company and gives you tools to share your story and highlight your leadership. Here are some tools that B Corps cite as the most beneficial.
- In the past five years, the B Corp movement has been featured in over 3,000 articles in publications like the New York Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Inc, and Forbes. B Corp Certification helps tell your story as a leader of a bigger movement and by providing third-party verified data reporters trust.
- Additionally, it helps align your business with great companies like Method, Patagonia, New Belgium Brewery and others higher profile/larger B Corps who have larger marketing budgets, and they often get a lot of press. B Corp Certification allows companies to leverage their leadership and market recognition by demonstrating alignment with these innovative businesses.
- Like employees, customers (whether consumers or businesses) are seeking values-aligned companies to do business with. B Corp Certification provides a way for these customers to seek you out, and for you to tell the story about why your company is different.
- Purpose-driven businesses seek an investment that is aligned with their mission, and a growing number of investors, both self-proclaimed impact investors and mainstream investors alike, are answering that call. The third-party validation that comes with B Corp Certification helps your company stand out.
- Several investors and financial services firms are currently using the B Ratings System as part of the due diligence and/or portfolio management of existing loan portfolios, funds, or funds being raised. These include Mission Markets, Good Capital, RSF Social Finance, Investors' Circle, New Resource Bank, and TBL Capital.
- In addition, Certified B Corporations have access to a free GIIRS rating for as long as they maintain their B Corp certification (valued between $1,000 and $10,000). GIIRS (Global Impact Investing Ratings System) is an independent rating agency for institutional impact investors, and will create ratings for companies' and funds' social and environmental impact.